Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Super Bowl XLV

Hi Vegas fans,

The early line on the Super Bowl game has the Packers favored by 3 points. It will probably go down in the next week, and some experts expect the line to close around Packers by 1.5 points. If I was a gambling man, I'd take the Steelers. In fact, I think Pittsburgh will win by a touchdown. Wait, I am a gambling man!

Although I'm a long-suffering Vikings fan, I hold no grudges against the Pack. In fact, the last time I was in Vegas, I placed a wager on the Packers (I think they were favored by a few points) versus the Bears at Chicago. But the result? Not good. The Cheeseheads had the game won several times over but were called for penalties that opened the door just wide enough for the Bears to pull it out with a last second field goal.

My buddy Steve and I watched the game at Blondie's in Planet Hollywood. Regardless of our frustration (we both bet on Green Bay), we had a good time. Blondie's is a fun place to watch a game, and numerous waitresses in cheerleader outfits were kind enough to allow me to take their pictures with Steve. All good, goofy fun. And, after all, he's a single guy.

Speaking of cheerleaders, I have read some rather disappointing news about the Big Game. Because neither the Packers or Steelers have cheerleading squads, we won't see skirts (or short-shorts) at the Super Bowl, which will be a first in the game's history. And hopefully a last.

Viva,
Mike

2 comments:

John said...

Ahhh... skirts.

I'm glad you're focused on the important things.

Mike Attisano said...

You know it! I think there's some kind of football game going on, too...