Thursday, January 20, 2011

Positively Vegas

Hi Vegas fans,

January is the time when we think positive, when we are optimistic. Think about how many more people you see at the gym. Or maybe you're one of the people who just joined the gym. Anyway, it's got me thinking about a positive attitude. Does it have a place in Las Vegas? I mean, after all, the odds are always against you, its nickname is Sin City, and there are a lot of things that can go wrong out there if you are not careful. Or even if you are careful.

But I say, yes, you can be a positive person and have a good time in Las Vegas. Here are my 3 top tips for keeping things on the + side:

1. Be balanced. If you spend all of your time at the tables or on the slots, chances are you may lose some money. Don't keep playing blackjack until all of your money is gone. Take a break. Go see a show. People watch. Grab a bit to eat. Do all the other fun things Vegas has to offer. You'll have a better time, and your pictures will be a lot more interesting.

2. Go with the flow. I'm a planner. I like to know what I'm going to do pretty much all the time. I even plan (and over-plan) my trips to Vegas. But guess what happens every time I go? Yup, my plans change. And I'm never upset about it. Sometimes, you're just doing something with friends or family and you decide to be spontaneous. It can change things for the better.

3. Think about what works best for you. When you get to Vegas, it's easy to be pulled in to what other people want you to do or what everyone says is cool. Things like "you gotta play roulette" or "the strip club downtown is awesome... you gotta check it out." No, you don't have to do anything just because it's Las Vegas. It's your vacation, and it's your money. If you want to hang out by the pool and read a book, fine. If you don't want to gamble, it's ok. Remind yourself that you are the one in control and that you know what you like to do better than anyone.

Me? I like to escape. That's why I go to Vegas, that's what's in it for me. When I'm there, I'm positive. Positive that I'll have a good time.

Viva,
Mike

No comments: