Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Few Words About My Book

Hi Vegas fans,

I feel like I am a very fortunate guy. I get to visit Las Vegas often and see the changes that take place so quickly there. Years ago when I discovered a need in the market for a fun, easy-to-follow guide that's unbiased (no sponsors), I wrote one. It's not perfect, but it's a result of a lot of research and this basic principle: you know what you like better than I do, so I'm giving you the tools to make it simple to search for and find what you are looking for quickly.

So I was a little disappointed today when I read a negative review of my book on amazon.com. A reader mentioned that my book has no Table of Contents, so it's impossible to navigate. However, my book does have a Table of Contents. In fact, I wrote the html code by hand to ensure that the table links specifically to the correct heading in the book. It can be difficult to find the Table of Contents on a Kindle, so I can understand the confusion. On my Kindle, I select the Menu button, then Go To. A little box opens at the bottom of the screen. Then I select the Table of Contents button. Voila!

I wrote my book specifically for Kindle, and with each new version I take great pride and care to ensure that it is easy to get from Point A to Point B. Many publishers (especially those that publish travel guides) simply copy their text from a Word document or PDF into an html file and publish it to Kindle. I code my book, line by line, including shortcuts to the next section and hyperlinks to find information easily. It's important to me to get it right and to make it fun and easy for you to read.

If you've purchased my book, THANK YOU! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I would love to hear your comments and suggestions so that I can continue to improve it. If you liked it and would like to comment on it, please log in to your amazon.com account or to barnesandnoble.com and share your thoughts.

Thanks for your continued support.
Viva,
Mike

No comments: