Sunday, December 5, 2010

'Tis the Season

Hi Vegas fans,

It'll be here before you know it. That's right, bowl season is upon us. Oh and the holidays, of course. But college football is another good reason to celebrate, especially if you're a gambler. I love watching college sports even more than pro sports these days, with the exception of baseball (lose the aluminum bats, fellas).

College football is such a treat, and it comes and goes way too quickly. Of course, some of that has to do with the stupid BCS. Someone please tackle these morons who are running this catastrophe. It's a sad day when a few suits pocket money from sponsors instead of giving fans what they really want: a small playoff system. That's all we ask, really!

In any event, I'm sure I'll watch a bunch of bowls. It's way too early for lines on most games yet, but here are some early Mike predictions:
  • My beloved Virginia Tech Hokies beat Stanford with a late field goal
  • Maryland over East Carolina by 10
  • Kansas State over Syracuse by 14 at Yankee Stadium
  • Kentucky upset Pittsburgh by 2 points
  • Nevada tears apart Boston College by 21
  • Auburn beats Oregon in the National Championship by 4 points
You heard it here first. If you make some money off of any of these bets, you can thank me by purchasing my book. If you lose a lot of money, this site is for entertainment purposes only.

Here's one bet you can't lose. In February, Lingerie Bowl VIII is coming to Las Vegas. Unbenownst to my wife and my buddy Steve, I am seriously considering attending this event on Feb 6th. Steve, if you are reading this, see if you can clear your schedule for this very important sporting event.

Stay tuned...
Viva,
Mike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you planning on going as a participant or just a viewer?

Mike Attisano said...

Haven't decided yet. However, if there's an opening for a referee, I'm there.