Friday, April 30, 2010

Let's Go!

Hi Vegas Fans,

I am in the midst of trying to convince friends and co-workers to go to Vegas with me in September. Steve, my best buddy for over 25 years, is of course on board. It's really like a competition between us to see who's more pumped to go on the next trip. I have a few other people interested, and I'm hoping this momentum continues.

I've tried this before, right after my high school reunion a few years ago. A few people showed a lot of interest and said they would be there for sure, and then only one friend, Merrie, showed up. It was great to have Merrie meet up with us and hang out in Vegas. In fact, she brought a friend with her a few months later, and four of us had a great time. And, it was more fun making fun of the people that didn't show up. No, we really didn't do that.

I've never regretted a trip to Vegas. I've never gone there and said, "gee, I wish I saved a few bucks or spent time doing something else. Instead, here I am stuck in Sin City and all I'm doing is having the time of my life with fun people. Again!" On the other hand, there are plenty of times when I'm at home or doing something I'd rather not and I say to myself, "I wish I was in Vegas right now." Speaking of...

I wish I was sitting at the blackjack table with a rum and Coke, laughing it up and chatting with the dealer, cocktail waitresses, and other players. I wish I was at the craps table, chanting 'fifty-four' or 'sixty-three' at the top of my lungs with the guy next to me, rooting on the shooter to roll a nine (this actually happened on my last trip, by the way. And the shooter hit the point!).

I wish I was at Battista's drinking red wine from a tiny glass, eating the heck out of some good pasta, and waiting for Gordy the accordion player to drop by. I wish I was at a club dancing like a fool till my feet hurt. I wish I was driving down the Strip at 3am because I was so excited I couldn't sleep, and I wish I could stop at the Welcome sign to take a few snapshots (yeah, this actually happened, too.). I wish I was at the Peppermill for a hangover-cure breakfast, with scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, and a whole lotta coffee.

Yup... no regrets in Vegas, even when I lose a little money. But I do spend some time thinking about how much fun it'll be when I go back.

Are you all with me???? Don't miss out. Don't postpone fun. Don't wait until it's the right time. The right time is in September. I promise you won't regret it.

Viva,
Mike

No comments: