Monday, April 12, 2010

It's a good thing that...

Hi Vegas nuts,

In my last blog, I commented on "What's Up With?..." and listed stuff that baffles me about my favorite city. This week, I'm taking a different approach. This is a little bit more of a positive spin, which of course is more my style!

It's a good thing that...

  • Gordy the accordion player is still singing his heart out at Battista's Hole in the Wall. It's a Vegas tradition for me and my friends/family and a must every time we go.
  • The Statosphere is still shining high in the sky. I love this place, as you may have read, and it's so much fun to play $5 blackjack and craps there.
  • Excal and Trop are still shining, too. See above.
  • Paradise Road runs parallel to the Strip. With the addition of City Center, the Strip is really crowded these days. Of course, remember my golden rule: if you want to drive the Strip and all its glory, try to do so before 10 am or after 1am. During those times, it's less crowded
  • I am afraid of foreign ATM charges. It has kept me from the ATM Crawl of Shame many a time. My buddy Steve is not immune to it, but on our last trip he rebounded quite nicely from his last withdrawal and ended up with Fat Wallet Syndrome.
  • The drinks at the tables are free. If they weren't, I'd have to perform the ATM Crawl of Shame (see above).
  • My wife is a patient and understanding woman. She encourages me to hang out with Steve and "howl at the moon" whenever we go to Vegas. Viva Muffles!

There's a lot more I can add to this list, so I'll do a Part II soon. In the mean time, send me your Vegas lists of "It's a good thing" and I'll post them.

Until then, remember to... Go to Vegas. It's that simple.
Viva,
Mike

No comments: