Saturday, June 25, 2011

Electric Daisy Carnival

Hi Vegas fans,

The 15th annual Electric Daisy Carnival kicked off last night at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. They expect 250,000 fans to cross through the gates. Now a guy like me is too old to attend this type of thing but not too old to talk about it. At least not yet.

For those of you unfamiliar, this event is a gigantic rave music festival extravaganza. There's more than just music. It's spectacle - light show, carnival rides, people dressed up in bizarre costumes, stilts, you name it. Quite a fantastic experience in both sight and sound.

As I won't be attending, I do have some questions about EDC:
  • With all that beer and food, are carnival rides really a good idea? I mean, how do you not get sick?
  • Suppose I wanted to shave to look my best Sunday morning after 3 days of sensory overload. Where can I plug in my razor?
  • What is the exact geographic coordinates of the event? My wife wanted to know so that she could be at the polar opposite end of the Earth. It's just not her thing.
All kidding aside, I hope the fans attend have a blast and above all are SAFE (ah... the old guy in me is rearing his ugly head...). Take some pictures of those people in rubber costumes with the white makeup and black lipstick and post them to the Simplifying Las Vegas Flickr site.

Viva,
Mike

No comments: