Sunday, October 10, 2010

New Las Vegas Travel Guide Electronic Book Venue

Hi Vegas fans,

Good news - Barnes and Nobles is now allowing us self-publishers to upload electronic books via its Pubit venue. It's a lot like Amazon's program for Kindle. I am currently working on getting Simplifying Las Vegas in the right format. It's a bit challenging because my Word document has a ton of tables, hyperlinks, and other elements that make it difficult to translate into an electronic book. So, I've gotta work on the html code to make it work. It's a time-consuming process, but well worth it. You'll hear from me (probably see me jump up and down) when I finish it.

In the mean time, I'm also working on a PDF flip book for the 2011 version of Simplifying Las Vegas. This is an easier conversion. However there's a ton of research that goes into each year's edition, so I have a little more work to do before I publish it.

This is an exciting time for authors, especially for travel writers who can publish and then update it on the fly when information changes. That's typically the case in Las Vegas, so I feel very, very lucky that I'm writing during a time when this technology is available to anyone.

I want to take a moment to say thank you for your continued support! I was a little concerned that interest dropped in September, but October is looking strong, and when I looked at my Kindle report yesterday I noticed that SLV has another fan in the UK!

If you ever have comments, suggestions or questions about SLV, Las Vegas, or publishing e-books, please let me know. I'm always happy to discuss these topics.

Viva,
Mike

No comments: