Sunday, October 3, 2010

Brief Reflections on Recent Trip to the Strip

Hi Vegas fans,

It's been a few days since my last trip to Vegas. So I've had some time to reflect, replenish, and remind my boss how great I am so that I can get a raise to make up for the money I lost. Ha. It's ok... it was a good trip anyway. I got to spend some time with my friend, Steve, who had a rougher trip than me. Undoubtedly, we will return again, hopefully victorious. Or at least break-evenous.

Some observations from my recent trip:
* The Stratosphere, though cruel to me and Steve, is still my favorite place for $5 blackjack in Vegas.
* Sports betting is fun but can be so heartbreaking when your bet loses by 1/2 point.
* It's good to have dumb luck sometimes. I bet a 3-game parlay (my beloved Virgina Tech Hokies, Kansas State, and NC State Wolfpack). I misunderstood Steve, and we wound up betting all three teams to win outright instead of betting the spread. Oops. It wound up working out, and we won more than if we had played the spread!
* M Resort is kind of outta the way, it's big, and it's fancy. Good $5 blackjack and craps, though there's not much excitement there.
* Plenty of "party pits" or gaming pits with scantily clad young ladies. While you're looking at the girls, look out for bad rules at the table games near these, too.
* There's still lots of fun things to do when you need a break. I loved the Bellagio conservatory (free) and the Fine Arts Gallery ($15 admission). What a great way to spend some time on a vacation!

See my pictures on my Facebook page or on my Flickr account.

Can't wait to go back!
Viva,
Mike

No comments: