Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Vegas News and Notes

Hi Vegas Fans,

Here's some scoop on Sin City:
The Lion King debuted at Mandalay Bay this week. This is the Broadway-based show, which is based on the animated movie. It has lots of creative costumeness, singing, dancing and the like. It's received good reviews thus far. If you want to see this show, be prepared to sit for a while. For 2 1/2 hours, that is. Ticket prices do seem pretty reasonable, starting at $53 and going up to $168.50 (tax and fees included).

I'm think for my next trip to Vegas, I might see Blue Man Group at Venetian. Something about blue guys banging on percussion instruments sounds like fun to me. I've never seen them before, and my friends have suggested that it might be something they like, too.

In other news this week, Cher turned 63. 63? Yup, 63. She doesn't seem that old to me. She looks great for 63. Heck, she'd look great for 33. Kudos to you, Cher, and I hope your stint at Caesars is a long and healthy one.

Website redesign in the works:
Yes, I know I've said this before, but I'm looking at the website and figuring out how to update the styling and some other things. It's really challenging because I have a lot of code already jumbled up in the site (javascript is especially challenging to get right), so I don't want to break anything.

At the same time, I need to un-complicate it and make it much cleaner. This is not my favorite thing to do, but I figure if I build it once and keep it clean, it'll be much easier to manage going forward. And when I want to add tabs and update stuff, it won't be a hair-pulling event. Of course, this site is for your enjoyment. If you have any suggestions, please pass them along!

And remember, after you're done reviewing the site.... Go to Vegas. It's that simple.

Viva,
Mike

No comments: