Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Viva Thanksgiving!

First, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I know it's a few days early, but I'm going to be busy as a beaver (or a turkey, I guess) these next few days, so you're getting your weekly dose of Vegas stuff and a holiday wish today.

For those of you who are planning to be in Sin City for Turkey Day, check out the Las Vegas Review-Journal's 2008 article on places to eat (including restaurants, buffets, and take outs):

http://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/events/thanksgiving/

Yum, yum!

I have a lot to be thankful for this year! I published my book this year and redesigned my Vegas website a bunch of times. I've been a Las Vegas Advisor Question of the Day expert a few times. I've had a lot of people fill out my surveys, form for a free itinerary, take my quizes, and over 25 people have submitted pictures to my Flickr group. Fun, fun, fun! And still, I have a lot of work to do, so I'll have even more to be thankful for soon enough.

I've got a great job, a nice house, an awesome car, and I'm safe. I'm thankful for that.

But most importantly, I'm thankful for my family and friends. My wife, Martha, has been very patient with me as I stare at a computer screen all day and all night. My parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary this year (and Martha and I celebrated #5!). I've reconneced with some old friends, who will be joining me in Vegas in January, and I've stayed in touch with many others through the years.

This year, I'll be celebrating Thanksgiving with my in-laws, who I love dearly and can't wait to see. I'm thankful for so much, and I have a lot to be thankful for. I'm a lucky person, even when I lose in Vegas. I wish you the same.

Viva,
Mike

No comments: