Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Ready for New Year's, Vegas fans?

Hi all,
With Christmas in the rear-view window and Santa taking a well-deserved break, it's time to start thinking about the New Year. What's in store for 2012? If you are a Vegas fanatic, you'll notice a lot of activity this year. The trend toward upscale and fancy-pants continues, especially on the Strip, with new nightclubs in the works for many MGM properties, new restaurants (of course) to whet your appetite, and the inevitable switcharoo for entertainment venues.

So far, we know that Barry Manilow is leaving Paris (... and Las Vegas until at least July). Jersey Boys will fill the vacancy at Paris, leaving a hole in Palazzo. Shel Adelson is also losing entertainment at Venetian: Blue Man Group is moving to Monte Carlo.

These are just a few of the changes that occur regularly in Las Vegas. It's hard to keep up with what's going on in Sin City, so stay tuned and I'll keep you posted on all the news. In the mean time, you are probably thinking about that next trip and how you will win enough money in 2012 to finally pay off the Christmas credit cards. Or, maybe you are planning a trip to brave the crowds and stay in Vegas for New Year's Eve (if so, I hope you like sharing your personal space with about a gazillion people... it will be a little cozy and difficult to get around, so be prepared!).

Whatever your plans, I wish you the best for 2012! If you are planning a trip to Vegas, post a reply here and let us know what you are most looking forward to, when you plan on visiting, and anything else you'd like to share with the rest of us Vegas nuts. The more the merrier.

Oh and by the way... for those of you who received Amazon.com gift cards or Barnes & Noble gift cards for the holidays, I hope you consider purchasing my book. It's only $4.99, so you will still have some left over to read all about that girl with the dragon tattoo or another book of your choice.

Viva,
Mike

5 comments:

Teresa from Virginia said...

I'm looking forward to Vegas in March! Caesar's has a wonderful spa called Qua -- I'm feelin' it!

Mike Attisano said...

Great! Spas in Vegas are quite nice. enjoy!

a1copyguy said...

i also have a trip planned for march.
what am I looking forward too? good question, planning on trying the new place called central at caesars palace,and seeing absynth.
aside from that just muy usual best plan is to not have any plans. wing it everyday and just see how things fall into place. most of all i just want to hit the slots and not think about anything tougher than what seat to park myself in.


I do hope to fullfill one more thing on my bucket list and use an upgrade option with our airline, theres a small chance we can fly 1st class for a very small fee and some air miles, . and we definetly need to walk the strip more this trip, didnt breath enough of that sweet vegas night air last time we were there

Mike Attisano said...

a1 copy guy - my best trips are always the ones where I have the fewest plans! I just get there and park myself at a blackjack table and let the chips fall where they may... sometimes they fall out of my pocket, but that's ok!

Definitely walk the Strip - especially in the morning if you can. In the shade, it is quite treat. Plus, you will encounter some crazy people, especially if you venture a little north.

Enjoy!
Mike

go hokies said...

my vegas changes wish list for 2012.
#1 get past my phobia of street entertainers who pse for pictures,wife thinks they are great,but sort of creep me out.
#2 some changes to the cw uniforms at CP.
they are all very fast and nice, but its time to get them out of those lame sandles,i am sure they wont agree since im sure it hurts walking in heels haha.
#3 less poor soles on walking bridges, yes,i have a heart but for once I would like to just enjoy the view from one instead of reading the cardboard signs
#4 please dont tear up too much with this ling project,just saw pics posted by a friend of them chopping down palm trees behind IP. and what will become of the lepricon outside o sheas?

#5 that I will actually find that one hidden gem of a place to sit,hear some music and enjoty a nice drink. already know of a few places that will cater to my 50 year old wishes,but vegas just seems to call my name in so many directions that i never seem to wander to that list of places i wish to park myself.