Tuesday, March 8, 2011

You Pad, We Pad, All Vegas Fans Can iPad!

Hi Vegas fans,

In case you haven't guessed, I recently purchased an iPad. I'd been looking for an excuse to buy one, and this year's income tax refund sealed the deal. It's quite a fun tablet, and it's so easy to use. It's light and surprisingly fast. It has fun games for free and stores a ton of iTunes music and photos. Great stuff.

One main reason I bought an iPad is to use when I travel to Vegas. I don't like lugging around a laptop through the airport and up to the hotel. And my Kindle just doesn't quite cut it when I need to do a lot of surfing online. Plus I can download the Kindle and Nook apps for the iPad, which allow me to read my books on one device.

With the iPad, I can get online quickly. If I don't want to pay for a hotel's wireless connection, I can go to a nearby Starbucks or other hot spot to get service. I'm not online a lot in Vegas, so it's not like I'd be dependent on the connection, but it's nice to have.

I will also find it useful on the plane. Between blackjack games, music and movies, I'll be able to pass the time faster and have a lot more fun. I can also read my travel guide and get really excited about my trip. While I have time to read on the plane, I'll also probably come up with some good ideas to modify it.

Some folks just need a smart phone. Others take a Kindle or a Nook to read on vacation. And some travelers will bring their laptops with them to Vegas. For me, the iPad is a win-win!

Viva,
Mike

No comments: