Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Idea of Las Vegas

Hi Vegas fans,

I've been thinking a lot lately about Vegas (big surprise) and what I love most about it. It was hard to put my finger on it at first, but it came down to this: I love the idea of Vegas.

The idea that you can walk the Strip at 4 am and forget that you have a mortgage or car payments. The idea that at midnight, you can grab a steak at the Golden Nugget downtown. The idea that you can be on the top of the Eiffel Tower one minute and on a Venetian gondola the next.

Or how about seeing a Cirque du Soleil show on a Tuesday night? Or a volcano erupt or a laser light show on a canopy stretched over four blocks? The idea is that anything is possible, that everything is fun, and that escape is certain.

That's what it boils down to, for me. That's what I love about Vegas.

Viva,
Mike

1 comment:

John said...

check out www.whereisjohnwilson.com today's post was inspired by this post.