Friday, January 8, 2010

Elvis Presley and Las Vegas

Hi Vegas fans,

Today is Elvis' birthday. He would have been 75. It's still hard to believe sometimes that he's been gone over 32 years. Maybe that's because when I walk the streets of Las Vegas, it's like he's still alive. He left his mark everywhere in the city. He performed a few separate stints at the International Hotel (now the Las Vegas Hilton) between 1969 and 1971.

And as much as Las Vegas changes, you can find bits and pieces of the memory of Elvis everywhere. Like the small statue of Elvis above the clocks in the Hard Rock Cafe. Like the Elvis impersonators. Like the new Elvis Cirque du Soleil show at Aria. Just to name a few.

I miss some of the fun stuff that bore his name. Like Elvis-A-Rama. Like the free photo you could get with Elvis outside of the Imperial Palace. Just to name a few.

And I miss Elvis. My tribute to him and the spirit of my favorite city remains in my signature. And it always will.
Viva,
Mike


No comments: