Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Practice makes perfect

Hi Vegas fans,

I've been gearing up for my next trip to the Strip. Although I've been playing blackjack for many years, I still like to set up my card shuffler, six decks, chips and play some hands at home. (This also means turning on some tunes and drinking a few beers. Just comes with the territory.) Now I know basic strategy, and when I forget a specific hand (do I split 2s against a dealer 2?) I look at my strategy card. But it's still good to run through the hands and try to see when I make money, when I lose money, etc. And I don't count cards, but if I did, this is where I'd practice that, too.

It's like everything else in Vegas. If you go into it with at least a basic understanding of what's what, you will have a good time and won't be surprised when you get there. Fine tune your Vegas experience by reading a good travel guide (I humbly suggest Simplifying Las Vegas), visit some websites (including SLV again, please), and watch some specials (the Travel Channel often has some good Vegas tidbits). Even if you've been there before, it's always good to brush up on your Vegas knowledge. Fun, too!

Viva,
Mike

No comments: