Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm so there!

Friday morning I depart for Las Vegas at 7:20 am (yes I owe my wife big time for taking me to the airport early in the morning). I can't express how much I'm looking forward to this trip, how much I need a vacation.

Aside from the usual (gambling, partying, etc.), here's some of the stuff on my agenda:

  • Check out Encore, Steve Wynn's new toy. Looks plush, so I'll probably touch some stuff I'm not 'sposda. I've heard that there's some cool memorabilia outside of the Sinatra restaurant, so I'm gonna try to get a few pictures of it.

  • Check out the Palazzo. I went there last year when it had just opened, so it wasn't really fleshed out yet. This is another place that's too rich for my blood (and other parts of me), so I'll be a poser, take some pictures, and gawk at the pretty people with money.

  • Visit Fremont East at night. Las year, I took some groovy pictures of this hip district, which is located very near the Fremont Street Experience. But I want to take it all in at night and maybe visit a bar or two. Or three. You get the idea.
We're staying at the Flamingo, so I'll have to let you know what I think of it. And I don't know if the birds will be out there (it'll be pretty cold during my stay), but if they are, I'll take some pictures of them.

And speaking of pictures... my Flickr group has grown a great deal. Check it out when you get a chance, there's tons of fab pictures on it.

I'm curious to see all the changes in Las Vegas. What's the skinny on new construction? How crazy is traffic now? How has the economic downturn changes things? Will we get good table games (probably not at Harrah's properties, from what I understand)? So much to explore, and so little time!

Wish me luck.
Viva,
Mike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good times indeed. You need a new business--allow people to pay you to accompany them to Vegas so that they win. My profit was small, but it was yet again a profit, and I also note that I lost a bunch before you arrived and a bunch more when I struck out on my own after you crashed. Sorry you couldn't have saved some more luck for yourself.

Looking forward to the next one.
-RBD