Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wish List

Hi Vegas aficionados,

As the holidays approach, it's time again for me to present my Wish List. My list contains things for Las Vegas because, after all, I'm pretty fortunate and I don't need a thing. Well, maybe a Vegas-themed Snuggie, but little else.

Las Vegas needs a few things, and I mean besides increased visitation, higher gaming revenue, a brighter job market and improvements in the housing market. Those are all obvious, and when the economy picks up, most of those things will turn around. So here's my Wish List for Las Vegas in no particular order:

1. Rain. Sure is dry in the desert. Vegas needs some steady rain, not the flash flood type of downpour. The outlook is not good, but we can ask, can't we?

2. Prosperity for Cosmopolitan. Last year, I asked Santa for CityCenter to open with great fanfare and to thrive for years to come. They are struggling a bit, but I think in the long run they will be profitable and travelers will see how much fun this place is and how fantastic an idea CityCenter is. Cosmo, it's your turn as the newest kid on the block. Knock 'em dead.

3. A continued trend of fun, entertainment, amazing food, escape, great pools, and general wackiness. Las Vegas has always provided that for travelers, and as long as that's the case, I'll continue to go back. I think for Las Vegas, it comes naturally. Here's to you, Sin City!

Here are some other personal Wish List items (again, in no particular order):
1. Removal of the BCS. No one needs this stupid football system when a playoff would work nicely. Wouldn't make my football tickets pay off any differently, but it would make for a more interesting season.

2. Better gaming rules on the Strip. With Caesars Entertainment (formerly Harrah's) and the Mirage owning a majority of properties, the average Joe doesn't have many choices. We need more table games, better rules, and a good number of low-minimum options. Please (see? I asked nicely!).

3. Finally, for you - my family, friends, and readers - I wish the happiest of holidays. May your Wish Lists all be fulfilled. May you spend time with the ones you love. May you enjoy every minute of it. Thank you for your continued support. Thanks for making Simplifying part of your lives. It's a blast for me, and I hope it is for you, too.

Viva,
Mike

No comments: