Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Countdown!

36 days. Seems like an eternity till my next Vegas vacation. I'm ready now! Pretty much all I have to do is pack. And that takes about 5 minutes. Maybe 7 if I remember socks.

That's the thing about my trips to Vegas. I just leave my life behind and escape. Don't get me wrong, I've got a pretty good life. But I have the need to get away every so often. Some people like the mountains for a vacation. Some like the beach. I like a city where I can play blackjack at 2 am and eat flapjacks at 10 pm. I like a place where I can forget what time it is for 3 or 4 days. Sleep? Occasionally. Eat, drink, and be... fat and drunk. Good times.

The way I see it, I can relax any ol' weekend. I can sleep in on a Saturday morning. I can go to bed early on a Saturday night. I can read on the back porch when I come home from work. When can I over-tip cocktail waitresses for my free drinks? When can I throw dice with a table full of screaming gamblers, all rooting for me to roll anything but a 7? Where else can I see someone walking the wrong way down Bally's escalator at 3 am? Vegas, baby.

Sometimes, ya just gotta shake the dust off and let yer hair down.
Viva,
Mike

No comments: