Monday, July 12, 2010

Preparation and Pacing in Vegas

Hi Vegas fans,

When I go to Vegas, I always pack light, but one of the things I take with me is a ziploc bag with a few vitamins, some ibuprofen and antacids. I'm going to add theraflu and zicam to that list. Why? Well, it seems that when I get to Vegas, I tend to hit the town pretty hard. I like to hit the tables right away, which means I start having a few drinks right away. Then I get hungry and eat too much.

My everyday system is not used to this, so it tends to break down a bit. That's why I hit the vitamins, ibuprofen and antacids. But, I press on the next day, doing the same thing over again (I am a bit hard-headed). By the time I've been in Vegas for a few days, I sometimes catch a cold. Or as my friend Meg says, a touch of "the Irish flu." That's why I'll be packing theraflu and zicam from now on. It's no fun being in Vegas with a sore throat and head cold. Medication usually masks the symptoms, but that's all I really care about. I need some masking for a while to fend off the illness until I get home. Then when I get home, I can call in sick for a day or two to really rest.

As much as I tell myself that next time I will pace myself in Vegas, the truth is I'm so excited when I get there that it's hard to do. So, at the very least I can prepare and take care of myself if I happen to take in too much of the good life in Vegas all at once.

Viva,
Mike

No comments: