Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Comings and Goings

Hi Vegas fans,

As the summer heats up, so does the action in Vegas.

Comings
  • Coming soon, that is, a Gambling tab to the site. It'll have some tips and observations about trying your luck in Las Vegas, and I'll have a guest commentator, too.
  • Also, I'm thinking about putting a message board on the site. Could be fun and informative... more on that soon.
  • My Question of the Day about Bathrooms in Las Vegas is scheduled for July 5th on the Las Vegas Advisor. This is what my life has come to. Writing tidbits about opulent outhouses. And I love it!!!

Stayings
Lance Burton at the Monte Carlo. He just extended his contract for 6 more years. I haven't seen him, but I hear he puts on a good magic show. Magic just isn't really my thing. Never saw Siegfried & Roy, but now I wish I had. Chis Angel's Cirque du Soleil show, Believe, has not received good reviews thus far and has been tangled up in some controversies.

I did see Penn & Teller a few years back at the Rio, and they took a different angle to illusion. They are more myth busters than magicians. They even show you how some tricks are performed.

I liked the show. I wouldn't say I loved it, but that may have been due to the circumstances, which were not Penn & Teller's fault. We had to wait a long time to get into the theater because the air conditioning was not working. And, when we did get in there, it was still a little stuffy, which made it a little difficult to enjoy the show.

But I digress.

Goings
  • The Social House at Treasure Island. According to the Las Vegas Advisor, TIs upscale restaurant will close for good pretty soon.
  • Me. To Las Vegas, that is! In late August, I'll be there for 5 glorious (and hopefully profitable) days.

I've got a lot of work to do between now and then, and I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun stuff to report the next time I.... Go to Vegas. It's that Simple.

Viva,
Mike

No comments: